Say No to Insecticides with ECO-TRAP
The olive fruit fly (Bactrocera oleae) is the most dangerous pest of olives in the Mediterranean area, causing significant economic damage. If not efficiently controlled, production can fall by 80%.Ellora Farms uses ECO-TRAP as a mass trapping method for olive fruit fly control at the Olive estates in Kolymvari, Crete in substitution for any insecticides and pesticides.
Advantages of the Eco Trap• Olive fruit fly is controlled effectively avoiding insecticidal sprays
• No chemical residues are left on olive fruit and leaves
• No chemical insecticides are spread in the environment
• Predators’ population is not affected
• Predator and parasitoid populations are not affected
ECO-TRAP is, at present, the only product for olive fruit fly control that complies with organic farming guidelines and European Union regulations (2091/1991, 2092/1991, 1488/1997 and 473/2002 and approved by USDA
The Cretan Diet
• The Mediterranean diet is currently considered by Nutritionists as a modus vivende that endows people with longevity and sound health, with Crete at its epicenter.
• Today the oil produced in the endless groves on the island of Crete is seen as the healthiest in the world due to the island’s climatic conditions, so ideal for the nurturing of the tree. It is no accident that Crete pioneered its cultivation in the distant Minoan past some 4000 years ago, spreading the knowledge to other parts of the European Mediterranean.
• The quality of Cretan and Aegean olive oil enjoys wide reputation all over the world. This is because it is not an industrial, but a natural product from olive fruit free from preservatives and chemical additives. Made from the natural juice of the olive, olive oil is truly a precious “elixir” of life with nutritional, protective, and therapeutic properties and helps the people of the Island of Crete maintain health and long life, as well as enjoying delicious food!